Appleton Dram Shop Liability Attorneys

Almost every state has laws regarding the civil liability of someone who sells alcohol to a person who later causes an accident that injures another person due to being inebriated. These laws are known as dram shop laws, and, in the state of Wisconsin, they only apply to the selling of alcohol to minors and not, as is the case in certain other states, to the selling of alcohol to persons who appear to have passed a safe level of alcohol consumption.

If an establishment that provides alcohol to people served alcohol to a minor who later caused you to become injured, you may be entitled to financial compensation from the negligent establishment. Our Appleton dram shop liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, may be able to help you get the compensation you need during this difficult time. Contact our skilled and experienced attorneys today at 800-242-2874.

Wisconsin Dram Shop Laws

The law in Wisconsin regarding the civil liability of bars, clubs, and any other alcohol sellers are very specific. While an establishment or individual cannot be held liable for serving alcohol to someone who is of age (unless the alcohol was misrepresented as not alcohol or was given forcibly), it can be held liable if the person who caused an accident was under the legal drinking age of 21.

However, there are some exceptions to this law. The individual or establishment is only responsible if they knew, or should have known that the person was a minor, and if the alcohol was a significant factor in causing the accident. All of these questions, should you pursue litigation, will be argued in a court of law. For this reason, having a qualified attorney is particularly helpful and gives you a better chance of getting the full amount of compensation you are seeking.

Contact Us

People who serve alcohol have a responsibility to refrain from serving alcohol to minors because not only is it illegal, but it endangers the minor and innocent other drivers and pedestrians. If you were hurt because of an intoxicated minor who was illegally served alcohol, you could be entitled to compensation for the negligence of the person who provided the alcohol. To find out more about your legal rights, contact our Appleton dram shop liability attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, today at 800-242-2874.