According to a new study, hundreds of children in the U.S. have suffered from serious injuries by accidentally ingesting colorful detergent squares in the past two years, SFGATE reported on November 10.
Since 2012, at least one fatality and over 700 incidents of injuries were linked to the detergent pods, primarily affecting children under age six. Study lead author Ohio-based Doctor Gary Smith stated that his hospital recently handled two serious incidents of kids who were exposed to the detergent capsules and suffered breathing problems. Children who are accidentally exposed to the small detergent packages may sustain injuries that affects the throat, mouth and eyes. The federal product safety commission urges parents to prevent children from having access to these products.
The legal team of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® knows that many children suffer serious injuries from hazardous home products that are mislabeled or defectively designed. If this happens to your loved one, you may be entitled to pursue the remunerations you need to recover your losses. Speak with our skilled personal injury lawyers today at 800-242-2874 to learn how we may help you.