At least 26,191 units of home heating boilers have been recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) after they were found to pose a risk of releasing carbon monoxide, a report on Thursday, January 9 stated.
According to CPSC, the recall affects 26,000 gas-powered heating boiler units manufactured by U.S. Boiler and 191 units made by New Yorker Boiler. The commission said the affected boilers may pose a carbon monoxide poisoning risk to homeowners if it discharges large amounts of carbon monoxide should a switch fail to shut the burners down.
Homeowners who have the affected boilers are advised to use a carbon monoxide detector and immediately coordinate with the manufacturer for a free repair.
Fortunately, there were no incidents of a person being injured due to the recalled boilers as of yet. However, as our lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® are aware, many people in Appleton suffer serious harm due to defective products. Call us at 800-242-2874 to discuss your options if you are dealing with such an experience.