After a report of one child being injured and another report of a child dying, IKEA recalled a line of kid’s lamps because of the strangulation risk that they posed to children.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission the recall affects IKEA’s “Smila” lamp because the electrical cord presents a strangulation hazard.
One child in Europe died after becoming tangled in the electrical cord and another child sustained injuries. Consumers who currently own one of the recalled lamps should contact IKEA for a free kit to mount the electrical cord to the wall.
The attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® express our deepest condolences to those who have been affected by the unfortunate events surrounding this dangerous product.