Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® > Articles > 3 Ways to Collect Compensation from Defendants Who Can’t Pay

3 Ways to Collect Compensation from Defendants Who Can’t Pay

If you have been involved in an accident because of someone else’s negligent actions, you may suffer from injuries that require medical attention or procedures that can potentially cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars. However, by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the party at fault, you can fight for financial compensation to pay for these damages. Unfortunately, there are some defendants who cannot afford to pay you after a case. If this happens, you may have to resort to alternative forms of payment.

If you are facing financial difficulties due to a personal injury accident, don’t go through this time alone. If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident caused by another person or party, contact an Appleton injury lawyer of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874 and schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options. We will help you every step of the way.

Some Alternatives to Financial Compensation

If the defendant in your case cannot afford to directly pay you the compensation you deserve, there are other ways you can get the financial compensation you need. You can secure financial compensation in the following ways:

  • Get a lien on real estate property owned by the defendant
  • Garnish up to 25% of his or her salary
  • Establish a repayment plan over a few months rather than asking for a lump sum

Fortunately, an attorney can help you determine the best way to get your financial compensation.

Contact Us

If you have been hurt due to the negligence of another person, you need to take legal action today. At Habush Habush & Rottier S.C., an Appleton injury attorney can help you throughout this process. Contact our offices today at 800-242-2874 for more information about your rights.