Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® > Blog > Premises Liability > 81 people fell ill from CO leak at Wisconsin skating rink

81 people fell ill from CO leak at Wisconsin skating rink

Posted under Premises Liability

Eighty-one people suffered health problems after accidentally inhaling carbon monoxide (CO) at a skating rink in Wisconsin, inforum.com reported on December 15.

Paramedics on December 13 responded at the Poppy Waterman Ice Rink in Lake Delton after hockey players and other people suffered headaches, nausea, and dizziness from inhaling leaking CO gas. One of the injured players had to be put inside a hyperbaric chamber after fainting. The gas leak was suspected to be caused by the ice resurfacing machines used in the rink, authorities stated. Responding fire crews confirmed that the ice skating rink did, indeed, have high levels of CO. Officials from Poppy Waterman said that the machines are already being inspected.

Expensive hospitalization often is the result when people suffer injuries in unsafe premises. If you believe this has happened to you in Appleton, the premises liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® may be able to help you figure out if negligent property owners are liable for your injuries. Find out how we may possibly help you get your much needed treatment funds today by calling 800-242-2874.